Motorcycle Accident Attorney Dallas
Anyone who has ridden a motorcycle knows how dangerous it can be to share the road with cars and trucks traveling in the next lane.
Take a trip down U.S. 75 in Dallas and you’ll see many drivers focused on their phones instead of the road! Motorcycles are frequently cut off in traffic, tailed too closely, and even pushed out of traffic by inattentive drivers.
Such ill-treatment is incredibly dangerous and unfair to motorcyclists. The Genthe Law Firm wants to help motorcyclists injured on Texas roads and highways.
Indeed, accidents involving motorcycles are so dangerous that victims often suffer severe injury or even long-term disabilities after their crashes. If you are injured by another driver’s reckless behavior, speak with a motorcycle injury lawyer to help you through the aftermath of the accident.
Injuries in Dallas Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are always unique, and we understand that the injuries resulting from these collisions tend to be especially severe. From amputations and burn injuries to neck, nerve, and spinal damage, these unfortunate events can cause devastating physical trauma and long-term pain and suffering. Skull fractures and traumatic brain injury are often considered catastrophic, due to the risk of disability or disfigurement; for victims of paralysis, the medical bills and rehabilitation costs can be too much to bear. Separate from physical injury, there is also the risk of emotional distress caused by the accident itself.
At Genthe Law Firm, we take a compassionate approach when handling motorcycle accident cases and assisting injured victims on their road to recovery. We strive to provide clients and their families with access to quality legal counsel, as well as resources and support groups to help navigate the psychological and financial hardships they may be facing. If you have recently been involved in a motorcycle-related accident and would like more information about your rights and options, do not hesitate to get in touch.
How Much is my Dallas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
After a motorcycle accident in Dallas, there are different types of damages that may be applicable to your case. These damages can encompass both economic and non-economic losses, each playing a significant role in assessing the overall impact of the accident on your well-being.
Economic damages refer to the monetary losses that you have incurred as a direct result of the accident. This includes medical expenses, such as:
- hospital bills
- ongoing rehabilitation or therapy costs
It may also involve compensation for lost wages if you were unable to work due to your injuries. In many cases, motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries that require extensive recovery periods, leading to a significant amount of time away from work. This absence from the workforce can result in a substantial financial burden for the victim and their family.
Property damage to your motorcycle can also be included as part of the economic damages. If the accident was caused by another party’s negligence, you may also have the option to seek reimbursement from their insurance company. Remember to keep records of all expenses related to the property damage. This includes not only the cost of repairs or replacement but also any additional expenses you incurred, such as towing fees or rental vehicle costs.
Non-economic damages encompass intangible losses that are more challenging to quantify but are equally important. These damages account for the pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and mental anguish that you have endured as a result of the accident. They aim to compensate you for the physical and emotional toll the accident has taken on your overall well-being. Although placing a value on non-economic damages can be subjective, it is crucial to work with an experienced attorney who can help assess their worth based on various factors such as the severity of your injuries, impact on your daily life, and long-term consequences.
In addition to the more commonly recognized damages such as medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages, there are other potential damages that can significantly impact the lives of motorcycle accident victims. These damages include disfigurement, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Disfigurement refers to any visible and permanent alteration of a person’s physical appearance. In a motorcycle accident, this could involve severe scarring, amputations, or other visible injuries that significantly change a person’s appearance. This can have a profound psychological and emotional impact on the victim, affecting their self-esteem, confidence, and overall quality of life.
A motorcycle accident can also result in disabilities that impede a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks and engage in activities they once enjoyed. These disabilities can range from partial or complete paralysis to cognitive impairments, and they can have long-lasting consequences on a victim’s independence and overall well-being.
Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Loss of enjoyment of life refers to the inability to engage in activities or experiences that a person once found pleasure or fulfillment in. Motorcycle accidents can dramatically restrict a victim’s ability to participate in hobbies, sports, social events, or even simple everyday activities. This loss can lead to feelings of frustration, isolation, and depression.
Factors that Can Affect the Damages Awarded
Several factors can significantly influence the amount of damages awarded in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident in Houston. It’s essential to understand these factors to ensure you have a clear picture of what you may be entitled to as compensation.
- Severity of injuries: The extent and severity of the injuries sustained in the accident play a crucial role in determining the damages awarded. Severe injuries that result in long-term disability or require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation are more likely to result in higher compensation.
- Medical expenses: The medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, therapy, and ongoing treatments, are considered when calculating the damages. Keep track of all medical records and bills to present a comprehensive picture of the financial impact of the accident.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: If the accident causes you to miss work or hampers your ability to earn a living in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and diminished earning capacity. This includes both current and future income losses.
- Property damage: The extent of damage to your motorcycle and other personal property will be taken into account when determining the damages awarded. Document the damage with photographs and gather estimates or receipts for repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life, also factor into the overall compensation awarded. These damages can be challenging to quantify, but they are crucial in recognizing the full impact of the accident on your well-being.
- Comparative fault: In some cases, the court may assign a percentage of fault to each party involved in the accident. If you are found partially at fault, it can affect the amount of damages awarded. Understanding your state’s laws regarding comparative fault is essential in assessing the potential impact on your case.
- Legal representation: Having an experienced motorcycle accident attorney by your side can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. A skilled attorney will navigate the complex legal process, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate for your rights to maximize the damages awarded.
Find a Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near You
Genthe Law Firm, P.C.
12770 Coit Rd. Suite 820 Dallas, TX 75251
Our Experienced Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Will Fight for Your Recovery
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer. The Genthe Law Firm helps victims fight for compensation for their accident claims.
When a motorcycle accident attorney with the Genthe Law Firm accepts your case, you’re not only getting an ally in your recovery but also someone who will take the fight where it belongs: to the insurance companies.
Our law firm knows what major hurdles you’ll face after your motorcycle accident and how best to help you make the best recovery possible so you can get back onto the road again. One of the first major setbacks accident victims face during the aftermath of their motorcycle crash is having their injury claim denied by an insurance provider.
There’s no escaping the fact that insurance companies are primarily in the business of making money. One way they can save money is by denying motorcycle accident claims for whatever reason they think they can make stick. When it comes to motorcycle injury claims in Dallas, Garland, and Fort Worth, insurance providers often try to blame motorcyclists for the injuries and losses they’ve suffered.
They will push inaccurate stereotypes about motorcyclists being reckless speed demons who flagrantly disobey traffic laws. Such tactics are incredibly dishonest and couldn’t be further from the truth. Don’t let the insurance providers push you around.
Our Experienced Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Contact us to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney today about your options.
Dallas Motorcycle Accident FAQ
What forms of financial assistance are available after a motorcycle accident in Dallas?
For many of our clients, accessing the following forms of compensation is essential for them to regain control of their lives:
- Medical costs incurred before and after the incident
- Past and future wages lost due to the wreck
- Impairment in future income-earning abilities
- ● Reduced capacity to earn the same amount of money over time
- Short-term and long-term pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
When you come to us with your story, we take the time to listen and learn all the ways that the accident has affected your daily routine and general quality of life. Our team then builds an all-encompassing case that seeks to cover all aspects of your recovery.
Is it necessary to report a motorcycle accident to the Dallas police?
It is always advisable to file a report with the local law enforcement agency after any accident involving injury, death, or property damage that exceeds $1,000. This applies to any part of Texas, including Dallas. In cases involving only minor injuries and property damage that does not surpass the stated amount, submitting a police report may not be mandatory. For additional peace of mind, you can speak with an attorney or law enforcement representative to determine what steps need to be taken.
In a motorcycle accident case, who is liable?
The answer to that question often depends on the evidence collected regarding the incident. Witnesses, police reports, and physical evidence can all provide valuable insight into determining who was negligent in a bike collision situation. Tracing fault back to its source can be a complicated process best left to skilled professionals who are familiar with fault assignment and legal proceedings.
Is it possible to recover financial damages from a negligent driver if I am not wearing a helmet?
The answer is yes, you can pursue financial recovery from a negligent driver even if you were not wearing a helmet. Texas law does require that riders under the age of 21 wear helmets when operating motor vehicles on public roads. For those over 21, you qualify for an exemption if certain criteria are met; however, whether or not you wear a helmet is irrelevant when it comes to the potential legal outcome of your personal injury case. As long as sufficient evidence exists to show the negligent driver was responsible for causing your injuries and other damages, then you may be able to receive compensation.
Dallas Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Dallas
- Injuries in Dallas Motorcycle Accidents
- How Much is my Dallas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
- Factors that Can Affect the Damages Awarded
- Find a Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near You
- Dallas Motorcycle Accident FAQ
- Dallas Motorcycle Accident Resources